How to make Korean makeup tools for a few bucks: Tips from an Asian-American beauty guru
- by admin
By Kristin Sjostrom, The Washington POST When it comes to buying makeup, there’s no shortage of options available for a fraction of the cost of a similarly styled Asian-style products.
But there are still some barriers to entry for those seeking to use Asian ingredients in a makeup-focused product.
Here are a few tips to help you avoid having to resort to costly Korean brands and products.
First, look at the ingredients and ingredients lists.
Korean cosmetics are mostly made up of ingredients sourced from China, and while the majority of Asian cosmetics have been tested by independent laboratories, the ingredients lists can vary greatly from country to country.
So to ensure your products have the ingredients you need to create a high-end product, you’ll want to research the ingredients to see what is widely available and what’s only available from Korean companies.
For example, most Korean cosmetics contain pigments and emulsifiers, which are commonly used in Asian skincare products, but are also widely used in cosmetic ingredients used in makeup products.
These ingredients are usually available only from Korean brands, and you may have to look elsewhere if you want to find them.
By Kristin Sjostrom, The Washington POST When it comes to buying makeup, there’s no shortage of options available for a…
- How to find a ‘tough’ eye brow pencil on eBay
- What the Jets should do with DeMarco Murray
- How to get shadow makeup and band makeup on your face: ‘I like it for the eyes, it’s really flattering’
- ‘The Perfect Body’: Why You Should Get Your Face Done With A Makeup Clipart Source Newsweek title Makeup Clipsart is the Best Beauty Product Ever!
- Why you should use a makeup tool: a look guide